Video credit to MayaMediated
The Honduran Equality delegation is seeking participants for their November 2013 tour to Honduras. This delegation will be focusing on the Sexual Diversity and Repression in Honduras; including strides made towards equality, the human rights violations against the LBGTQ community, its involvement with the Libre party and the upcoming general elections in November.
Through meetings with individual activists and organizations, this delegation will document the perspective of the Sexual Diversity community on organizing for liberation and how Honduras plays a role in the international LGBTQIA community. Participants will also analyze the effects of militarization and the Drug War which has brought increasing violations of human rights to Honduras. Organizers hope participants will be inspired to take this information back to their home countries to spread awareness and activism.
This delegation is co-sponsored by Alliance for Global Justice, Cross Border Network for Justice and Solidarity, EQUAL, and Global Exchange.
This delegation’s approximate cost is $1,600, airfare included (significant discounts given to those who provide their own travel). Organizers encourage and will provide advice to participants to fundraise the cost in order to build a network of support for these issues in their home cities.
Date: November 22nd to December 2nd
Program Highlights Include:
- General Election Observation and election analysis from the Libre party
- San Pedro Sula City Tour
- Tegucigalpa City Tour
- Meetings with members of the Sexual Diversity Community, including some of the first LGBTQIA members to run for political office
- Meetings with Human Rights Organizations
- Meetings with members of the Libre party
- Meetings with members of the Feminist movement
Tour cost includes:
- Full Program Activities
- Room accommodations
- Tour leader
- Honoraria for organizations and speakers we meet with
- Most meals
Price does not include:
- Personal expenses
- Transportation of excess baggage
- Conveyance fees used for private purposes
- Gratuities to bellmen, chambermaids and wait staff
- Airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Extra beverages and meals not included
How to Apply:
To apply for this program, please contact tour coordinator Melissa Stiehler at HonduranEqualityDelegation@gmail.com or visit the the “Apply” tab listed in the menu above for application and more information
Space is limited, so it is encouraged to apply as quickly as possible.
We value diversity. Please apply regardless of nationality, race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic status, or any other human differences.